Majority of the oil and gas profits exported, data shows

Crispy Analysis

Good evening,

Many Canadians have been hesitant in supporting the rising prosperity in Alberta inpart due to the well-known environmental consequences associated with the harvesting of the oilsands. The methods used to extract the crude oil has always been questionable and remains a highly debated subject among politicians and environmentalists. Aside from the environmental aspect of the oilsands, recent research data from ForestEthics Advocacy has revealed that 71 percent of the oilsands’ production is foreignly owned, leaving only 29 percent of the industry to Canadians.

Canadians are experiencing environmental destruction and are only able to participate in 29 percent of the industry.

Sources:

Vancouver Sun

CBC

-Crispy

View original post

Advertisements
Grist

A nonprofit news org for people who want a planet that doesn’t burn and a future that doesn’t suck.

Power For USA

Energy facts from oil to electricity

My Planet Earth

Creating a Healthy Planet

Planet Earth Weekly

Climate Change and Renewable Energy: Saving Our Planet for Future Generations

Follow The Money

"It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?"

Pedal and Plow

Cycling across South America to to discover what agriculture can be

BE CURIOUS

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing.

patricktsudlow

Patrick Sudlow's blog

The Common Constitutionalist - Let The Truth Be Known

Politics, current events, human interest & some humor

Midwest Naturalist

Living in harmony with our creator, his creation and all living things.

You Evolving

Science, Adventure, Philosophy, Personal Evolution

Road To Abundance

The Earth Is Full and There is More Than Enough to Spare

Seaspout

Ocean News & Views

Coal Action Network Aotearoa

Keep the Coal in the Hole!

Precarious Climate

A call for urgent action on climate change

The GOLDEN RULE

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Earth Report

Global Disaster Watch - An Overview

TheSurvivalPlaceBlog

Surviving The World As We Know It

manchester climate monthly

To inform, inspire and involve

DeepResource

Observing the world of renewable energy and sustainable living

%d bloggers like this: